Instagram Reels, TikTok-inspired short videos, have been one of the most engaging and popular types of content on the internet.
Here's how to download Instagram Reels.
Can You Download Instagram Reels?
The short answer to your question is
you can download Instagram Reels. The way you do it will depend on whether you are downloading your Reels or those of someone else.
Instagram allows you to download your Reels directly to your phone. However, other users' Reels can't be downloaded because the platform doesn’t have this feature.
There are, however, a few easy solutions that can be used to get around this problem.
How to Get Instagram Reels for iPhone
Instagram's native tools don't allow you to download Reels from other users to your iPhone. You can, however, use one of these methods to do so:
1. Keep a Record of Your Screen
You can download Instagram Reels with sound by recording the screen of your iPhone.
- Go to Settings >Control Center on your iPhone. Tap Add under Screen Recording. This will allow you to access the screen recording feature from your iPhone's Control Center.
- Open Control Center.
- Swipe down on iPhone X and later open the Control Center.
- To open the Control Center on iPhone SE, iPhone 8, or earlier, swipe down
- Tap the gray Screen Record Button. After the three-second countdown, the screen recorder will begin.
- Open Instagram, and then let the Reel that you wish to download play in its entirety.
- To stop recording, simply press the red status bar at top of the screen and then select Stop from the - up menu. To stop recording your screen, you can also open Control Center by tapping the Record button once more.
- This will save the Reel to your camera roll. You can then edit the video and remove any unwanted parts.
2. A Third-Party App is Recommended
A third-party app is another way to download the Reel to iPhone. This will allow you to save and download the Reel to your iPhone without recording your screen.
Reels can be downloaded to your phone by many third-party apps. However, you need to choose carefully as some may have in-app advertisements or require you to make monthly subscriptions or purchase in-app.
We chose InstantSave for this guide. This free app allows you to download public photos, videos, and other content from Instagram directly to your iPhone.
- Download the Insta Save app to your iPhone from Apple's App Store.
- Launch the Insta Save app.
- If necessary, tap on Open Instagram and log in to your Instagram accounts.
- Click on the Reel that you wish to download.
- Tap the three dots menu to the top right. Select Copy link from the pop-up menu.
- Go back to the Instant Savings app. The app may display an ad at this point. After the ad has been removed, you will be able to see the Reel that you have downloaded.
- To save the reel to your camera roll, tap the Save option.
How To Download Instagram Reels for Android
There are two ways to download Reels from Instagram onto your Android device.
1. Keep a Record of Your Screen
Reels can be downloaded to your phone by using screen recording. The majority of Android phones come with a built-in screen recorder. However, if your phone doesn't have this function, you can use the second method.
- These steps will allow you to capture a video of the screen.
- Scroll down twice at the top of your screen to Open Quick Settings.
- To start the video, tap the Screen Recording button and ensure that the Mic icon is activated.
- Open Instagram to play the Reel that you wish to download in its entirety.
- Tap the status bar to display the time you want to stop recording.
- The footage will be found in your default camera roll. You can trim and edit the footage to your liking.
2. A Third-Party App is Recommended
A third-party app for Android will allow you to save your screen recordings, and also save your time by allowing you to save Reels to your phone.
ETM video downloader is a third-party app you can use to do this. It allows users to batch-download stories and reels from Instagram.
- Get the ETM video downloader on the Google Play Store.
- Start the app.
- Copy the URL for the Reel that you wish to download and then paste it into the app.
- To save the Reel on your phone, tap the Download button
Many websites can help you if you don't want to install third-party software on your device.
How To Download Instagram Reels On Desktop
You will need to download the Instagram Reel onto your computer to be able to edit it with more powerful software or to view it on a bigger screen.
To do this, you will need to use a third-party screen recorder app such as OBS Studio or Snagit.
You can download these apps to capture your screen and play your favorite Instagram Reel. You can then trim out any unnecessary parts and save the Reel to your computer.
Snagit, the richest screen recording app for Windows or Mac is available but must be purchased. OBS Studio, which is open-source, has many great settings for recording. You can also try.
You don't need any third-party software to download Instagram Reels to your Mac. Instead, screen capture on Mac can be done using QuickTime player, the built-in video recorder.
How To Download Instagram Reels Through Stories
Stories is a simple and effective way to save Reels to your phone's camera roll.
These steps will show you how to download Instagram Reels online through Stories.
- Open the Instagram reel you wish to download and click the Send icon.
- Tap on To add reels to your story.
- You can zoom in and pinch the preview to see the full-screen version.
- Next, tap the three-dot icon at the upper right and choose Save to download it to your phone.
How To Download Your Own Instagram Reels
Reels are not automatically saved by Instagram. You must manually download your Reels from your Instagram account to your smartphone.
Instagram makes it easy to download your published and unpublished Reels.
Here's how to download Insta Reels onto your phone.
- Open Instagram and go to your account.
- Navigate to the reels tab.
- Open the Reel that you wish to download.
- To Open the menu, tap the three dots in the lower right corner.
- Choose the Save To Camera Roll option.
- It's that simple. You now have a copy on your smartphone of your published reel.
You can also save an Instagram Reel to a phone by tapping the Download icon at top of your editing screen. This will ensure that you don't lose your Reel draft before publishing it.
How to Save Reels On Instagram to Watch Later
Save the Reel to your device for future reference, but not on your phone. You can save space by storing all your favorite Reels together in one place.
These steps will allow you to save your Instagram Reel so that it is available for later.
- Open the Instagram Reel that you wish to save, and then tap the three dots icon at the bottom right.
- Select Save from the menu that appears.
That's it. Return to your profile page, and then tap the hamburger icon at the top right of the screen. Next, tap Save to save all Reels that you have bookmarked or saved.
You now know how to download Instagram Reels. Don't share Instagram Reels without the author's permission.