Dive into 'Moana 2': Disney's Surprise Sequel Set for November Release
- The sequel to the popular 2016 animated film "Moana" was announced by Bob Iger ahead of Disney's earnings report, surprising fans with a theatrical release on November 27th of this year.
- Originally planned as a TV series, the decision was made to create a second film due to the continued popularity of the franchise.
- Iger stated, "Moana remains incredibly popular, and we're excited to bring more of Moana and Maui to theaters this November."
- In "Moana 2," audiences will join Moana, Maui, and a new crew on a daring journey prompted by a call from her ancestors.
- Directed by Dave Derrick Jr., with music by Abigail Barlow, Emily Bear, Opetaia Foa’i, and Mark Mancina, who also worked on the first film.
- "Moana" was a huge success for Disney, earning over $680 million at the box office and reaching over 1 billion hours streamed on Disney+ last year.
First look at ‘MOANA 2’.
In theaters this November. pic.twitter.com/uVdgHe6FbM
— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) February 7, 2024
Dwayne Johnson Announces Live-Action “Moana” Remake
In April of last year, Dwayne Johnson revealed plans for a separate live-action remake of the original "Moana" film during a Disney shareholders meeting.
Source: Movie Trailor Source
Auli’i Cravalho's Role in the Live-Action Adaptation
Auli’i Cravalho, who voiced the titular character in the original animated film, will not reprise her role in the live-action adaptation.
She explained on Instagram in May that accurate casting is crucial to effectively portray the characters and narratives. Cravalho expressed eagerness to discover the next actress who embodies Moana's bravery, intelligence, and emotional resilience. Additionally,
she will serve as an executive producer for the live-action project.
Is Maui in Moana 2?
Moana and Maui are making a swift return to the silver screen. Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger announced on Wednesday that "Moana 2" will hit theaters in November.
Which Country is Moana From?
The movie's setting is 3,000 years in the past in the Polynesian islands, encompassing Hawaii, Tonga, and Tahiti.
The protagonist is Moana, a 16-year-old character voiced by Hawaiian actress Auli'i Cravalho, who embarks on a seafaring journey alongside Maui, voiced by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
Who wrote Moana 2?
Abigail Barlow, Emily Bear, Opetaia Foa'i, and Mark Mancina are collaborating on the music. Initially, the Moana sequel was conceived as a TV series before evolving into a movie.
"We were impressed by what we saw and knew it deserved a theatrical release," Iger stated during the call.
Read more such news on techinsighttoday
Thank you so much for reading.